Friday 9 December 2011

BAC Gala Night 2011 (Preview)

BAC Gala Night 2011 Committee

It is with utmost pride and joy that I present the students of Brickfields Asia College with our annual promenade this year and it has been such a great experience working together with a team from scratch. Before that, allow me to first say abundant thanks to Mr Raja Singham for helping my team and me to be able to be successful on organising this very event. Special thanks also go to our teacher advisors namely Mr William, Miss Nalina and Miss Kimberly for helping us with every step we took along the way. My gratitude and praise also goes hand in hand to all the respective committee members. I deeply appreciate the hard workeveryone has put in.

What makes me so attached and proud of this committee is how we all bonded over the course of putting everything together bit by bit although most of us were new to organising an event as such. In just within two months, I’ve watched the committee members learn and apply their newly acquired skills. Through mini-seminars, briefings or meetings, each committee member has given their entire focus, mind and heart into getting where we are today. Honestly, these are the moments that I will look back on sometime far in the future and I know these memories are what will put a smile on my face as we go on with our own respective paths in the future.

Taking time to pen down my thoughts about the upcoming Gala Night gives me a moment to pause and take a precious break from my chaotic schedule and appreciate all the work and effort that every team member has put in. Being part of the organising team presented me not only a slice of bitter-sweet victories but also a huge platter of humility and responsibility. Experiences are indeed the most prized possession a man has and this is indeed an experience that has been worth the endurance and time.

With that, I would like to hereby apologise a thousand times if I have offended anyone directly or indirectly. I hope that the night of the event will be as successful as we have planned and that the students of BAC will have a blast. Cheers!

Angela Lim